Participants Representative Committee
The Participants Reference Committee (PRC) is the elected voice of the Impact participants. The PRC provides a two-way communication link between the Impact Board and Management and the Impact participants. The Committee actively works on participant focussed goals and provides a participant's viewpoint for management planning on range of topics. The PRC was developed through consultation with participants on how they would like to be involved in the management of the organisation. The PRC started on 20th September 2006.
Each service area elects a male and a female representative drawn from the following five service areas:
- Individual Support Service (P)
- Individual Support Service (N)
- Impact Leisure Services
- Mental Health Service – Oakleigh
- Mental Health Service – Frankston
Representatives are elected for two years. Elections are held annually for half the team. The elections are staggered to ensure that only half of the Committee will change at one time.
- To add value to the Impact community by strengthening the services and culture within the organisation
- To deliver tangible outcomes
- To contribute to strategies for creating best practice
- To provide accurate information relating to the identified goals to the wider Impact community
- To contribute to a range of forums whereby issues can be raised, discussed and addressed.
GOALS / DELIVERABLES
If you would like further information about the PRC, you can contact Impact Support Services Inc. on (03) 9568 6144 or
- To support and enhance the delivery of services to participants through the delivery of surveys: develop, distribute, collate and analyze results
- To complement the governance structure of Impact through Annual Participants Planning Day workshop meeting (Frankston & Oakleigh)
- To participate/ contribute to Impact events, such as Annual General Meeting, Open Day and Christmas Party
- To contribute to Impact quarterly Newsletter.